1. Mother taught us TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
“If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
2. Mother taught us RELIGION.
“You better pray that will come out of the carpet.”
3. Mother taught us about TIME TRAVEL .
” If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
4. Mother taught us LOGIC.
” Because I said so, that’s why.”
5. Mother taught us MORE LOGIC.
“If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me..”
6. Mother taught us FORESIGHT.
“Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”
7. Mother taught us IRONY
“Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
8. Mother taught us about the science of OSMOSIS.
“Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”
9. Mother taught us about CONTORTIONISM.
“Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”
10. Mother taught us about STAMINA..
“You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”
11. Mother taught us about WEATHER.
“This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
12. Mother taught us about HYPOCRISY.
“If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
13. Mother taught us the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
“I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
14. Mother taught us about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
“Stop acting like your father!”
15. Mother taught us about ENVY.
“There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do.”
16. Mother taught us about ANTICIPATION.
“Just wait until we get home.”
17. Mother taught us about RECEIVING .
“You are going to get it when you get home!”
18. Mother taught us MEDICAL SCIENCE..
“If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.”
19. Mother taught us ESP.
“Put your sweater on; don’t you think I know when you are cold?”
20. Mother taught us HUMOR.
“When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me.”
21. Mother taught us HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
“If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.”
22. Mother taught us GENETICS.
“You’re just like your father.”
23. Mother taught us about my ROOTS.
“Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?”
24. Mother taught us WISDOM.
“When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
25. And my favorite: Mother taught us about JUSTICE
“One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.
- I will not be stingy with money. My child’s happiness will be more important than saving money.
- I will not choose to go to the pizza store because it is cheaper. If my kids want meat instead, then so be it!
- I will not ignore my adult child’s crying
- I will stop my child from leaving when they are upset.
- I will cook food for my children